Grow your skills!
Expand your Eco Printing skills with the addition of Natural Dye Extracts. Combining Natural Dye Extract and Eco Printing with plants creates very unique-to-you fabric.
- This course is for accomplished printers who are ready to add new skills and color to their work.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to incorporate your previously learned Eco Printing skills into a broader range of artistry.
- During this 4 week course you learn how to properly mordant cotton and silk fabrics in preparation for natural dyeing. Weld, Logwood and Lac are a few of extracts used.
- Explore the technique of solid shade dyeing of fabrics that have soothing color pallet with exquisite harmony.
- You will then learn how to discharge the naturally dyed fabrics with plants and print paste. Numerous surface design techniques will be shared that enhance the cloth. Watch your fabric come to life before your eyes!
- This course allows you to express your artistic self easily.
- Finally, we will incorporate Eco Printing to further enhance our fabrics.
- The weekly 30 minute webinar will continue as a means of supporting your work, process and skills.
Let the colorful journey begin!
- Week 2 Goals
- Week 2 Assignment
- Solid Shade Dyeing - video
- How to solid shade dye mordanted fabric with dye extracts
- How to make a print paste -video
- How to make Print Paste
- How to mix extracts with print paste -video
- How to mix dye extracts with print paste
- Discharge Paste - video
- Important things to know about mordanting
- Mid Week Assignment Week 2
- Iron blanket on Naturally dyed fabrics - video
- Eco Printing onto Naturally Dyed Fabrics
- Week 3 ahead
- Week 3 Assignment
- Make a simple print board -video
- How to make a print board
- Discharge Dyes
- Discharging with Tartaric Acid
- Printing with Thermofax
- How to use a Thermofax screen
- Stencil and Paint with Dyes
- Surface Design with Print Paste
- Steam Setting the Dyes
- How to Steam Set Thickened Dyes
- Remove Thickened Dye
Textile Artist and Instructor
About the instructor
I teach success!
I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and skills with you.
When I began Eco Printing I made many mistakes. I was dissapointed, frustrated and discouraged with my results. There was no where to turn for help. I experimented, I took workshops, I read books until I unlocked the secrets of Eco Printing.
I am here to save you the valuable hours and wasted natural resources while trying to get the beautiful results you seek.
I have shared my knowledge and skills with hundreds of people. Watching students jump for joy or squeal in delight as they open their bundles.
I would like to personally invite you to join me to learn how to make Eco Printing fun, exciting and have success!