Grow your skills!
Expand your Eco Printing skills with the addition of Natural Dye Extracts to create very unique-to-you fabric.
- This course is for accomplished printers who are ready to step away from ordinary printing and into extraordinary design.
- Kathy will be your coach and mentor as you broaden your range of artistry and develop your own unique style.
- During this 8 week course, you learn how to properly mordant cotton, linen and silk fabrics with detailed video and written instruction. Weld, Logwood, and Lac are some of the extracts used. You will learn how to mix the dye bath and control the coloration.
- You will explore the technique of solid shade dyeing of fabrics that produce a soothing color palette with exquisite harmony.
- In the Second lesson, you will learn how to discharge the naturally dyed fabrics other all-natural ingredients. Enjoy the making a print paste from natural dye extract to further add to your creative toolbox. You will learn how to use a color blanket to add interest.
- Screening printing and other Surface Design techniques are presented to further enhance the surface of the cloth in the Third and Fourth lessons. Watch your fabric come to life before your eyes!
- All student work is unique and no two ever look alike.
- This course is unlike any other Natural Dye course in that the focus is on learning new skills and developing your own design sense.
- Four 30 minute live webinars will take place as a means to support your work, mentor your artistic growth as well as increase your skills.
Join Kathy, as she teaches you new skills, expands your creative toolbox with surface design techniques and will be there to support your creative journey with ideas and inspiration. Your work will never be the same!
Curious how this course works?
Let your creative and colorful journey begin!
What others have been saying about this course:
Very informative, explorational course
This course is packed with information, and explains why/how natural dyes and eco printing work together. The class allows for exploration and discovery on an individual basis, but with expert guidance and answers, always with the encouragement to...
Very great workshop!
I have just finished this 4 weeks workshop and it is intensely packed with information, techniques and new approaches to design and eco print. I really enjoyed trying a variety of new techniques and there is so much to learn and try with the tool...
Instructions and information are excellently explained in both the videos and written material. I have taken several of Kathy's workshops and find them to be extremely helpful in mastering the techniques that produce the results I want. I highly...
After taking the Eco print class 1 & 2 I decided to take the eco print and natural dye and surface design, class. It just changed my whole outlook on making beautiful eco printed fabrics. I was very timid with using natural dyes and now I jus...
Textile Artist and Instructor
About the instructor
I teach success!
I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and skills with you.
When I began Eco Printing I made many mistakes. I was dissapointed, frustrated and discouraged with my results. There was no where to turn for help. I experimented, I took workshops, I read books until I unlocked the secrets of Eco Printing.
I am here to save you the valuable hours and wasted natural resources while trying to get the beautiful results you seek.
I have shared my knowledge and skills with hundreds of people. Watching students jump for joy or squeal in delight as they open their bundles.
I would like to personally invite you to join me to learn how to make Eco Printing fun, exciting and have success!